THE WORD OF GOD
ON DIVINE HEALING!
By Pastor Max Solbrekken, D.D.
For the past fifty years I have been privileged to witness God's power in action in miracles of Salvation, bringing divine healing for spirit, soul and body to people of all races, religions and cultures, as I have faithfully preached His Word to multitudes!
I have discovered that there is no power on earth or Hell itself that can withstand the awesome indestructible Holy Bible which is Almighty God's Written Word. Jesus Christ Who is the Living Word used the Holy Scriptures to defeat the Devil by uttering, "IT IS WRITTEN". (Matt.4:1-11)
The Holy Spirit declared: "For the Word of God is quick (alive) and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)
The WORD OF GOD ministers to the entire man; spirit, soul (mind) and body. It brings conviction of sin, cleansing and healing to our inner man and outer man. The Word of God heals our spiritual, psychological and physical needs!
A preacher said to me: "I don't see any physical healing in that verse." I asked him what he saw. He said, "I see conviction for sin and healing for our spirit and soul." I answered: "How much sin is there in our bones and the marrow of our bones? There is no sin there, but there could be arthritis, cancer or some other disease. The Word of God ministers to that problem also."
He was amazed and said: "I have never seen that before." The Psalmist David knew. He stated: "He sent His Word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions." (Psalm 107: 20)
WE DARE NOT TRIFLE WITH GOD'S WORD!
We DARE NOT change God's Word to please our own agenda. We must allow His word to change us. The Holy Bible is like a mirror which shows us our sins,faults and failures. It is also like a cleansing stream that washes away our sin and shame. Jesus said: "Now ye are now clean through the Word I have spoken to you." (John 15:3)
St.Peter said:"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the WORD OF GOD, which liveth and abideth forever." (1 Peter 1:23. Although Jesus' BLOOD cleanses us from all sins (1 John 1:7), we are born again by the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.
The Bible states: "Forever, O Lord, Thy Word is settled in Heaven." (Psalm 119:89); "...For Thou hast magnified Thy Word above thy Name." (Psalm 138:2)
THE BIBLE STATES:"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation. For the Prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST." (2 Peter 1:20,21)
St.Peter warns:"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false prophets among you, who privily shall bring in damnable HERESIES, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." (2 Peter 2:1)
GOD WARNS:WE MUST OBEY!
"Ye shall not ADD unto the Word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you." (Duet.4:2)
"The Words of the Lord are pure words:as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt KEEP them O Lord, Thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."(Psalm 12:6,7)
"Every Word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Thee. ADD thou NOT unto His Words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."(Proverbs 30:5,6)
Our Lord Jesus Christ said: "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My Words shall NOT pass away." (Mark 13:31)
"For I testify unto every man that heareth the Words of the prophecy of this Book, if any man shall ADD unto these things, God shall ADD unto him the PLAGUES that are written in this Book: And if any man shall TAKE AWAY from the Words of the Book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the Holy City, and from the things which are written in this Book." (Rev.22:18,19)
JESUS warned all who trifle with His Word. It is very dangerous, indeed! The King James Version of the Bible preserves God's Word because it was translated using "formal equivalence". All other Bibles were translated using "dynamic equivalence" in which the translator is free to change words as long as he conveys the "idea".
Over the the last two thousand years, Satan the 'Enemy of God and man' has lured a cacophony of proud, evil and ignorant men to challenge, change or corrupt God's Word to fit their perverted lifestyles. They have failed miserably! Most of them have died in agony and are now in Hell awaiting the Great Day of Judgment and 'The Lake of Fire' together with the Great Deceiver, the False Prophet and the Antichrist!
There are more than 33,000 promises in God's Word. Here is a list of 23 that deal specifically with His promises to believers regarding Divine Healing.
This list was compiled in this order by Dr. P.C. Nelson in his book on Divine Healing.
THE WORD OF GOD ON DIVINE HEALING!
1. I am the Lord that healeth thee. Ex. 15: 23-26
2. I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. Ex.23: 24-25
3. The Lord will take away from thee all sickness. Deut. 7:12-15
4. When he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived. Nu.21: 7-9; Jn 3: 14-15
5. Obedient blessed, disobedient cursed. Deut. 28:1-30; Nu.21: 4-10;
6. Healing in the WORD of God. Ps. 107: 20; Heb. 4: 12
7. Healing provided for in Atonement. Is. 53: 4 as correctly translated by
Matt. 8: 17
8. Sin comes upon people because of sin and is a curse Deut. 28:15-29
9. Christ was made a CURSE to redeem us from the curse of the law.
Gal. 3: 13
10. Christ HEALED ALL; hence it is God’s WILL to heal ALL. Matt.8:
16-17; “Healed all that were sick” to fulfill prophecy. “I will, be thou
clean” (Mark ); “As many as touched Him were made whole.”
(Mark ); “Healing every sickness and every disease among the
people.” (Matt. ); “Great multitudes followed Him and He
healed them all.” (Matt.12: 15)
11. Jesus came to give life, abundant life, whereas Satan seeks to oppress, steal and destroy. John 10: 10
12. Christ came to heal ALL who were oppressed of the devil and destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3: 8; Heb 2: 14-15
13. Jesus LOOSED the woman whom Satan had bound for 18 years. Luke 3: 16. He did not first enquire whether it was God’s will for her to remain bound or whether it was for her spiritual good to remain bound. He said: “She ought to be LOOSED”!
14. Healing is the children’s bread and they are ENTITLED to it. Mark . If we ask for bread, He will NOT give us a stone. Luke 11: 11
15. Jesus applied to Himself the prophecy in Is. 61: 1-2 and demonstrated what it meant – literal healing as well as spiritual blessing. Luke 4: 16-21.
16. The miracles of JESUS proved His Divinity. Matt. 9: 28; Mark 2: 10; John ; -54; ; ; . This EVIDENCE is as much needed now as then!
17. Christ gave the 12 apostles power to heal the sick. Matt.10: 8. Likewise to the 70, Luke 10: 9, 17, and finally to ALL BELIEVERS. Mark 16: 17-20.
18. A specific command is given to the sick to call for the elders of the church, and the elders are commanded to come, pray over him, anoint him with oil and lay hands on him. James 5: 14; Mark .
19. Christ has promised to raise up the sick as well as forgive his sins. James 5: 15
20. Believers are commanded to pray for each other for healing. James 5: 16
21. Such prayers avail much. James 5: 16-18
22. Forgiveness and healing are placed side by side in the Word of God.
“Who forgiveth all thine iniqities; Who healeth all thy diseases. (Ps.
103: 1-3); “Heal me, O’ Lord, and I shall be healed. Save me and I
shall be saved, for Thou art my praise.” (Jer. ); “Thy sins be
forgiven thee.” (Mark 2: 5); “Arise and take up thy bed and go into
thine house.” (verse 11)
23. “What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.” (Mark 10: 9)
Read again James 5: 15: “And the prayer of faith shall SAVE (gr. sozo meaning to forgive, heal, make well, protect and deliver) the sick, and the Lord shall RAISE HIM, and if he hath committed sins, they shall be FORGIVEN him.”